View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2651328)   #64
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
1990 BTCC Round 1: Oulton Park, 13 April 1990. xx Laps
Pos.Cl.#DriverTeam/sponsorCat.CarGrid.TimeFastest lapLapsTimeNotes
1.1.1Andy RouseRouse/ICSAFord Sierra RS500 Cosworth      
2.2.5Mike NewmanGoodeAFord Sierra RS500 Cosworth      
3.3.10Lawrence BristowRouse/Team LabattsAFord Sierra RS500 Cosworth      
4.4.3Tim HarveyRouse/Team LabattsAFord Sierra RS500 Cosworth      
5?.1.56Kelvin BurtProdrive/BMW Finance+Mobil 1BBMW M3      
6?.2.55Frank SytnerProdrive/BMW Finance+Mobil 1BBMW M3      
7?.3.50John ClelandDCRS/Vauxhall Dealer SportBVauxhall Cavalier GSi      
8?.4.90Nettan LindgrenLindgrenBBMW M3      
9?.5.52Ian ForrestEcosse Motorsport/DrambuieBBMW M3      
10?.6.51Ray BellmRouse/Hawaiian TropicBFord Sierra Sapphire      
11?.7.57Nick BairdTechspeedBBMW 318iS      
12.5?11Robb GravettTrakstarAFord Sierra RS500 Cosworth      

?.?12Mike SmithTrakstarAFord Sierra RS500      
DNS.DNS77Godfrey HallPyramid MotorsportBBMW M3      

A few updates from old paper notes tranferred to pc - with all the danger of in-accurasy and false transcripts. No Autosport for that round, sorry.

Seing that Frank Sytner was beaten by young teammate Kelvin Burt, I wonder if the thought of "Oh no, not again!" wondered through his head.

Jesper
Just tripped over something interesting- Don't know how long they've been doing this, but the BRDC have a photo print sales website-
http://www.brdcprints.co.uk/index.php

Looking at this, they currently list photos of a fair proportion of the 1990/1991 BTCC grid, including some of the occasional and one-off entries- Amato Ferrari's Crypton RS500, Andy Middlehurst's one-off run in Mike Newman's RS500, and David Coulthard's sole BTCC start for Vauxhall all feature

Looking through them, spotted a couple of things. Firstly, I thought that Mike Smith only appeared once in the red/white Trakstar Sierra before it was sold to Graham Hathaway- looking at this pic,
http://www.brdcprints.co.uk/lowres/1...n/1/356842.jpg
he seems to have appeared in Round 1 at Oulton as well. Note Mike Newman's Sierra, without Listerine sponsorship, and with the 'Mad Mike' sunstrip in response to a Dave Brodie comment, as discussed earlier in the thread.

Secondly, the Jerry Mahony BRR Motorsport/Arquati M3- from the pic I've got, this ran with race number 69. I'd assumed it kept the same number after Ian Flux took over the drive late-season- On the evidence of a pic from the BRDC archive, it seems to have changed to no.59 when Fluxie replaced Mahony
http://www.brdcprints.co.uk/lowres/1...n/1/360733.jpg