View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3687969)   #1
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Should F1 bring back the Sunday Morning warm up?

I was reading Nigel Mansell's twitter comments on the Brazil GP and he made the point that in his day there was a short Sunday morning warm up session that meant if weather conditions had changed markedly at least they could do some preperation work on ride heights and wet weather settings - with ride heights being a major factor in aquaplaning.

I know that in the supposed budget trimming, parc ferme regs and testing cuts we have now, the warm up as now gone, and the teams can make 'appropriate changes' to the cars if climatic conditions change. But they can't try them and the drivers can't familiarise themselves with the track if it is wet. But perhaps it could be brought back if the weather has changed between qualifying and the race, so at least the teams and drivers would be more prepared for the race if the conditions have changed and they had not had any wet running at all that weekend.

I would also make it mandatory (under wet weather regulations) for all drivers to take part in a 15 min session close to the race start time so the conditions are still current.

Thoughs?