View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3457600)   #1503
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Most of that was making TMG what it is. They also had huge sponsorship money from DENSO, Panasonic etc. You have to remember that the team had to build up from next to nothing. They didnt purchase an existing team. The Toyota board still has members that are nothing but profit seekers and are against motorsports. Getting those guys to give you more money is tough. Its sad, but Akio Toyoda is one of only a few within Toyota that likes racing.
Aren't the majority of the companies on the car technical partners? And then companies like Denso are part owned by tje Toyota Group anyway. I guess either way it's still benifical for Toyota in whatever way.

The last past in bang on - when I was in Japan, most of the stuff I was hearing/reading about Toyota was that Toyoda-san was largely opposed in the board room about the motorsport ventures of Toyota, both offical programmes and his personal racing inclinations. Sad really :/