View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2001, 01:43 (Ref:111946)   #9
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bite my head off here but, could you guys be being a tad selfish here. Just a tad. I was watching RPM yesterday and they made a very good point. If a street race gets more people to the races, surely that must be a good thing. I know channel 10 are not going to want to upset AVESCO, but I can't see a negative of more people attending race meetings. Maybe everyone's views here are influenced by the fact that they participate in club racing etc. Just a thought.

Tracks like Canberra are not in the interests of fans, but if it can be done correctly.....

Having said that, I do realise that the permanent tracks and grass roots motorsport definitely do need greater financial support. As a former participant in the ultimate grass roots motorsport (karting), I can completely recognise the need for more money.

Seeing as street races are SO cheap, and they attract SO many more fans (according to AVESCO), thus making more money - perhaps some of the money made from such races could go into the funding of racing at lower levels and permanent circuits? Ha! I'd like to see that Mr Cochrane.

Last edited by mac; 2 Jul 2001 at 01:50.