View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2001, 05:50 (Ref:111978)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I hope they dont drop Winton either ..i have seen how much effort they have put into the track and facilities for the drivers..now all they need to do is cater for the public better (ie ..working toilets) and better car parks and they will have a top notch show..the track is brilliant and always produces close and exciting races.

as for having more street tracks...you dont want to overdo it ...i hate canberra (as a track and a city) and dont think it deserves a race at all and there has even been plans for a street track in my home town of Albury ..which i would support if it happened but hope that it doesnt because we dont need anymore street races and if a race in Albury happened then it would surely hurt winton (only 1 hour down the road)

we need the permanent race tracks to survive for the lower catorgories and and for once I am going to agree with Ray V8 supercar is not the be all and end of of Australian motorsport. the lower fomulae are just as important if not more important because without them we will have no V8 supercar drivers.