Old 19 Nov 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2337832)   #22
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear
DW,and Clive, the Cirrus F4 car was built by Alan Morgan, who posts on here and TNF as 'Cirrus'. His mate is Iain Rowley or 'Delta', both great blokes. Alan worked for Ralt around this time, so I suspect there was a lot of Ralt influence in the Cirrus
I honestly can't remember the car using Ralt suspension at either end ; what puzzles me is that I should be able to remember if it did , having used RT1 suspension all round on my own car . I know that one end , probably the front , had four stud fixing wheels , whereas the other had centre fixings . All Ralts had centre fixing wheels ; the trademark of Derek Bennett's Chevrons was their parallelogram twin link lower rear suspension wishbone , which he used to obviate the possibility of rear-end bump steer .

Incidentally , the last time I heard of my own car , it was in the possession of John Woods , proprietor of Gemini Engineering , esteemed engine man , Lydden racer , and twin brother of the late and much-lamented Ginetta G15 racer Ronnie Woods . John intended at that time to rebody the car as a silhouette G15 .

The Woods twins were no relation of Ernie Woods , self-confessed retired bank robber , and one-time Special Saloon racer , who bought David Leaver's home-built spaceframe Stiletto , which Rob Mason drove after Woody broke his wrist falling of a Honda Monkey .... whatever became of Woody ?

Clive