View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2761584)   #28
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
I think it's disrespectful to treat your team like that - these are often the guys that don't get the glory, that do the slogging, and then have to deal with prima donna drivers. In some circles, I hear people saying they want the interviews and the like to be less sanitized, but then when someone goes out and actually says something it is offensive and people decry them. Honesty and emotion are exciting and entertaining, but outbursts like this take way from what little respect I have less for a driver (Vettel in this case, but they all seem like cocks to me at this point).
It's been said on here before, but I'll say it again anyway...doesn't everybody say things in the heat of the moment that they perhaps wouldn't say if they were feeling a bit more measured and had more time to think about the words that come out of their mouth? I actually find it amazing that we don't hear more outbursts over the radio, because it is a high pressure situation that these guys are in. I think it's remarkable how calm they usually sound.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'