View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3372166)   #102
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HTPs

While we're on the subject of HTPs - have any Forumists with a HTP'd car received a deathless letter from M. Duncan of the MSA setting out the charges for revalidating them ? I think we all knew that the existing ones were being invalidated sometime soon, but ...

It's a corker ! One of the best bits is the statement that in order to avoid a rush (Stand Back ! Stand Back !!) there is a sliding scale with the cheap(er) fees this year and then increasing until 2015.

Even better is the scale of charges - from £400-ish to £800-ish this year depending which category you are in. Don't look in the envelope for an explanation of the categories, that's somewhere else. In late 2015 the sliding scale moves up to £480 to £930. And on top of that is the HTP Scrutineer's expenses, which is going to take the basic Early Bird HTP over £500 (not that I begrudge the Scroots some dosh for their time and travel etc.). But all-in-all that is an expensive barcode and hologram.

Now to paraphrase 'Life of Brian' ... "what's an HTP ever done for you ?". I have never been asked to show my car's HTP at scrutineering at a circuit.
I can imagine that many racers will keep their old HTP and buy a couple of new tyres instead...
Nick