Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3626089)   #90
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why is it necessary? If you have near spec chassis underneath, running mostly spec components and spec tires, with just some aesthetic brand recognition bodywork (clearly without LMP1 level of detail or development) on top plus the engine, why is it necessary? Isn't it called a "prototype" class?

Even fully freezed tech specs and occasional EVO kit made possible every couple of years would be million times more pleasing than constant performance balancing and wind tunnel aero fiddling.

And no, there is no BoP at all in current ACO LMP2 (even though the regs state there theoretically could be), even the air restrictors go by the displacement ratios. HPD might be the only one with break, but that's been there unchanged for like 4 years or whatever.
Poor choice of words on my part. Let me rephrase: I can live with some BOP, but too much like is rampant in the series and it rubs me wrong way. I am of the philosophy may the best engineering win. Adjustments here and there to get in the same window of performance, As you noted, there is already alot of spec in the formula....this is a prototype pro class. But...we all know who is in charge....*sigh*