Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3749157)   #259
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't have a problem with people reporting rumours or speculation. There is of course a market for that. People want to read speculation, they want to know rumours, and they certainly want to discuss it. I have no problem at all with that. I just think things should be reported in a more transparent way.

Ford say they're not interested in DPi, but they're keeping an eye on it. I don't think an appropriate headline is "Ford keeping an eye on DPi", because that gives a false impression of what the actual content was. It is technically correct as that's what they said, but it was certainly not the intention of the quote, and it misleads the reader in order to get a sensational headline.

I think it's fine to post rumour and speculation. I just think it should be more transparent that what you're reporting is rumour. If I ran a news site, I'd be reporting Honda DPi rumours. But it'd be tagged as rumour or speculation, and it'd certainly not be after a click bait headline. Whilst rumour and speculation has always been part of motorsport, click bait headlines are certainly becoming worse. And I'd like it if it stopped.