Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2017, 20:10 (Ref:3749165)   #262
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
What are the sources that are confirming American Honda will not be in IMSA Prototype next year? Are they committed? No. We have to wait for a formal commitment, but measured phrases don't equal an out and out denial of participation. Chris
Right.

Oh, and where are the sources saying they will be? As you say ...

I said the meaning was debatable. I did Not say that Honda/Penske Would Not be there. Don't be reporting rumors with misleading headlines.

I stand by what I said. I don't think Penske is going to wait a lot longer for things to work out.

Anent what JimClark said ... I also guess Roger isn't doing all the driving over there now. That is something I will need to consider more in the future. He's going strong at 80 and could be sharp another ten years .. but I could see him getting tired of playing on a field tilted away from him. But for now I figure he signs off on all the big deals.

He sure didn't give Grand Am any more respect than they gave him ... and that was quite a while ago. I doubt he has mellowed much.

Or if it is Honda who can't figure it out ... he runs Chevys in IndyCar, he doesn't need Honda. He doesn't need IMSA. If he cannot get a sweet deal, he won't mind dropping all that and staying with what he's got.

Personally I very much want him back in IMSA. Pretty sure that carries a lot of weight with him.