Thread: Gen 2 Supercar
View Single Post
Old 24 May 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3735682)   #387
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
He does have a point though. The development costs in the front-ends alone broadens the divide between the haves and have-nots even further.
It's simple unequal length double wishbone, like any other racing car... the range of pickup points is very restricted... I don't understand how development can be so complex in this area!?

Do 888 run more ball joints or something!? Is that allowed? I notice the Ford Mustang, for example, uses two lower ball-joints at the upright with two separate individual lower control arms.

As we know BTCC is very successful with all the teams using identical front and rear subframes and suspension. Albeit the supplier enjoys a bit of blatant price gouging, much to the annoyance of privateer teams.

BTCC front subframe

(Unless I mistaken (likely), there doesn't seem to be any provision for a front crumple zone which is a bit of a worry.)

BTCC rear subframe... Note the mass produced cast wishbones, also interchangeable from LHS to RHS, to reduce costs.

I recall the Supercars front suspension rules are a carryover from pre-COTF, as a kind of concession to reduce changeover costs for the teams at that point. That must no longer apply, with that old stock long crashed, beyond service life or pensioned off...

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 24 May 2017 at 15:21.