Old 7 Jul 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3749430)   #25
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
Just read an Autosport article from Marcus Simmons, that includes an interview with Gerhard Berger, the new master of DTM, about the future of F3 and GP3. It seems the new F3 is mostly based on the current GP3 Series, and Berger hopes the new series can become supporting races for both F1 and DTM.

But Berger said he can restore the Formula 3 Euro Series to against the reformed F3 series from the FIA. But in the end, the author regards Berger is not a killer of F3, but the man to save F3.
Well the article outlined 4 different options with Berger favouring F3 running a split DTM/F1 support package. He makes some good points about track time and the support of Volkswagen and Mercedes. He doesn't want the essence of F3 killed which I agree with.

Personally I think a single make chassis and multiple engines like now should remain. The tough part will be to convince Bruno Michel to go along with that plan because as Berger points out, he makes money from selling parts to the teams as well as coordination of the overall championship.

I think the FIA should keep the series open to multiple chassis even though it is in reality one make now. All eyes will be on FIA to see what they do.