View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1678283)   #14
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
I was a big fan of ASCAR. It was good. I liked it when they raced at Rockingham and Lausitz.
As we know there is plans for a track in Spain and they could use the planned half mile track at Silverstone if that ever comes to life as mentioned. I remember ASCAR nka SCSA attracted Colin Mcrae and Jason Plato...
I always wished ASCAR raced on the Brands Hatch Indy circuit...Is SCSA still alive?
It only attracted Plato and Mcrae et al because they were paid big appearance money to be there. When the money ran out, sadly, so did the big name stars and the after race rock concerts etc.

Its a real shame but I think that the US style cars are a big problem and the fact that it only runs at one place. Can European style bodies be fitted - BMW 5 series, Audi A6/A8, Jaguar, VW Phaeton etc etc? Would running closely on the oval result in aero problems if there were different body styles?

Somebody tell me, would it be possible to run the SCSA cars on short track ovals, or on the Mallory mile? And possibly in a multi class format with the VSRV6/V8/Super Silhouettes or similar?

The series needs to be "europeanised" and needs to go on the road (by that I mean around the country, not on road courses)