View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3793438)   #43
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
I can well remember standing on the old scaffolding terrace just after the chicane at Thruxton and it vibrating every time the Formula 5000 field went past !

Regarding the Easter Revival at Thruxton I think I remember the HSCC's Graham White saying that the HSCC members were reluctant to return to Thruxton after Mike Lane's unfortunate accident in the Clubmans race . A great shame as I thought this meeting complimented the Castle Combe Autumn Classic nicely with most of the cars being from the generation of cars after those that appear at the Autumn Classic .

Finally , next year marks the 50th Anniversary of racing at Thruxton (in its current guise) and I was wondering if there were any plans to celebrate the anniversary and if so what form they might take .
There is a 50th Anniversary meeting scheduled for the 2nd/3rd June. Not all HSCC members were reluctant to return to Thruxton. We (Historic FF2000) would have loved to have raced there but unfortunately the anniversary meeting didn't fit in with our calendar. However, there is an under 2 litre single seater Formule Libre race on the programme which should encourage some nice cars out.