Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3455341)   #43
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel exactly like TRSpitfireFan ... If this really is the future of P2, and particularly if P2 will be the top class in North America .. I will have to seriously consider not following the sport any more.

A bunch of identical cars with "styling cue" bodywork? What a joke for the top tier of professional sports car racing. NASCAR or DTM with pointy noses and mid-engines? No thank you.

Rolex proved that Daytona Prototypes' governing philosophy didn't guarantee either close racing or low costs--and alienated most of the fans. So ... why not try that same formula again, on a larger scale?

Because it will fail on a lager scale.

The problem here is that ACO-FIA would be just as happy with TUSC either dead or dying, and WEC can afford to have lackluster spec P2 cars because the class has P1. TUSC, with no P1, will be stuck with cars that WEC considers too unimportant to really count.

ACO-FIA can mandate spec P2s because it won't hurt the overall popularity--people are there for the P1s and the GT-Pros. In that case, low-cost spec P2s make sense.

For TUSC, having a car not even as good as current P2s as the top class ... I am already looking forward to taking out the bicycle on the weekends.