View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3748168)   #14
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Hybrids , world championship ? God above , no. F3 , to survive , needs a change in mindset . The more technical and complex the cars the more they will cost and the less overtaking there will be. In the UK - and I am sure elsewhere- we are crying out for a fast and spectacular single seater formula. It needs to work in its own right and not just be the usual self delusional tosh about a footstep to F1 as there are only 20 seats in F1 and half are those are occupied by safe pairs of very old hands like Massa and Raikkonen.

300plus bhp normally aspirated 2 litres ,no trick aero and conservative construction - multi chassis fine , and engines too , but rule stability guaranteed so last year's chassis isn't worth 27p .

Thinking man's BTCC - fast , noisy cars and a TV deal (Personally I think TV has been the death of most motor sport but as most 'fans ' rarely watch live I will grudgingly allow it's needed !)