View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3779269)   #10
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
I feel the same. You just need to be on the lead lap come the final few FCYs and you're in with a shot at the victory even if you were like two or three laps at the beginning of the race. It sure makes the finish more exciting, but artificial and fabricated at the same time (and I personally don't like it).
I actually miss the days when cars won the Daytona 24 by 10 laps. At least what happens over the course of the whole event mattered. At the Daytona 24 GTLM race in 2017 we had the entire field battle it out the whole way. It was especially awesome to see them parade around at night via Rooftop Ray's camera. But I knew that it was more or less just the drivers making sure they did not lose contact with each other more than anything.

Sebring had it somewhat too. Thankfully a little less of it. I bet the Ford GT guys knew their car was very strong in the hot daytime but would fade in the night so they went all out during the day and ran 1-2-3 heading into the sunset but I think FCY's came out that dashed their advantage and the Corvette took over at night.