View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3739047)   #105
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do not think they need each other whatsoever.

I have read in numerous places now that certain people are very wary of IMG and their policies surrounding WRX. Even some of the teams are a little concerned about the tracks, notably Solberg when asked about losing Lydden to Silverstone and the fact RX is a bit part there.

A revised ERC series would not need massive support, or crowds, the only reason it would need it is because these idiot want 2 million for the rights, a figure they KNOW is ridiculous but one that is theirs to make up any amount they want. They don't want to sell it because right now European cars are a commodity to them. They call all the shots, and like Lydden this year you got the worst support categories you could, plus a load of badly running old bangers from Britain to make up the numbers.

Right now teams are interested as in comparison with things like DTM WRX is cheap, hence a guy like Ekstrom can get backing from a manufacturer and make himself look massive here. In actuality his effort is far smaller than a DTM or WEC team, so he and his sponsors are getting a good deal for much less money then if they were racing in a bigger series.

ERC could easily work. My issue is that would IMG let it. I I think we all know the answer to that.