View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:47 (Ref:454101)   #2
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: BARC - Race Date Brain Bypass ?

I'll be racing in Group 1. When I first saw them, whilst I wasn't enamoured, and couldn't understand why we were going to Croix instead of Snetterton, they didn't strike me as being too bad.

Of course some are more irritated by them than others and I'm a bit more laid back about it I suppose.

However, from a Pre-66 Saloon perspective I can see the problem.

There is a real problem that with such a big gap mid season, people are likely to clear off and race elsewhere whilst we can't offer them anything.

Secondly, with the mad rush at the end of the year a number are very likely not to do all the rounds. Clearly a lot of effort and money has gone into increasing the grid sizes, and this would negate a lot of that.

Thirdly with the likely impact of these problems the championship sponsor the club landed may well pull out which would be a blow all round.

I've got every faith in Dale and the BARC recognising things could be better and doing what he can to improve the situation.

They're still provisional anyway, so no need to panic yet.

Cheers

Stacy