View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2010, 23:11 (Ref:2635924)   #13
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathrim View Post
i only had concerns with regards to any bikes that lose it under accelleration from T1 will drift into the exit path of a bke coming out of the pits. But, if you think that it's OK given the speeds of the bikes, that's fine with me.
I foresee bikes or cars using the slower path are rather stable by the time they sort out the chicane, but your observation is very wise, maybe the solution would be to enhance the pit lane a little more to the right, though it's already wider than the normal lane, only actual observation of bikes paths in reality can tell. Actually, in theory, you will not want to go too wild on exit of T2 since it'll screw your entrance angle to T3, you may want to hug the rumblestrip and keep left somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin03 View Post
When do bikes need a pitstop anyway? Only in endurance, drive throughs and practice/qualifying. Only during the race would it matter how fast you go through the pitlane. Because maybe once every race one bike would need to do a drive through so there is realy no need for a safer pit exit unless there's an endurance race going on.
Sometimes, when it rains, races are deemed "flag to flag" and riders come and change bikes and maybe change it again if track dries out.