Thread: Team Ferrari: in F1
View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3786334)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
It is not clear if Iqos would contravene F1's strict ban on tobacco advertising. (GMM)
question...is it F1/FOM/FIA that have banned cig advertising or is it just an EU rule that F1 (for the most part) abides by?

i was always under the impression that this was an EU law (similar to most other western countries/regions) governing how cig companies are allowed to publicly advertise their products.

i suspect if its just an EU law, then the F1 teams will allow the courts to decide if e-cigs or similar are allowed and while that process works itself out they will gladly take the money in the short term.

more off topic...but with the wacky tabacky becoming decriminalized if not moving towards fully legal in several host countries, i wonder if we will soon be seeing that product/industry move into racing sponsorship?

anyways more on topic, im surprised no other F1 team (or other sports teams for that matter) have adopted a similar partnership as Ferrari have with PM.