View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3787225)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Glamour attracts glamour, and well presented women bring in more women, all of which is good for motor racing.
ah, mansplaining. wondered when that would crop up. thank you for telling women how we should feel.

fwiw, i, and none of my female friends working in the sport got into it because of grid girls. they make us feel incredibly uncomfortable. especially those of us given men's team clothing or ill-fitting "women's" stuff...

look, i'm not a bra burner or a feminist. i really dislike the hardcore twitter campaigns out there, and i'm not a member nor a supporter of d2bd, like quite a few women in the sport. let's just get that out of the way.

you want to look at hot women with your sport, we get it. but hot women can buy tickets like the rest of us, or work in the sport like the rest of us.

i have no beef with hospitality and marketing staff, doing a job other than standing around handing out leaflets and freebies in lycra or any other generic inappropriate outfit. there's plenty of hot women working in marketing, as much as there's hot women working in public relations, and as engineers and spanners.

it's kind of like the "rock test" for guys unsure of how to conduct themselves around women to avoid harassment accusations. if you wouldn't employ a guy in a similar outfit to do a job, don't ask a woman to do it either.

just a side "cool story, bro", but the only place where i have ever had men discuss my appearance close enough that i could hear them was at the australian grand prix whilst spectating.