View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3787271)   #25
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
have other series not stopped the practice of girls on the grid already? maybe WEC? cant remember which series though.
WEC said it did but it didn't really. There are now grid people (men) in white jeans and a WEC T-Shirt holding flags at the front of the grid. About 4-5 of them. That's not really a problem, as everyones dressed casual and there's men and women. The grid girls holding flags are indeed gone. But in the paddock there is still advertising girls and all that lycra nonsense. And girls in parc ferme where the cars park, looking very awkward and out of place. So WEC took a tiny step forward with it, but nothing significant.

IMO - grid girls should go. They add absolutely nothing what so ever to the show or sport. And I'd make an argument that glamour is possibly the worst thing that could happen to F1 anyway. Give me a half dirty Sebring tent any day over the glamour of F1.

If you like grid girls, fine. That's your opinion and it's fine to say "I like this". But don't try and explain it away with absolute ******** like "models need jobs too". Aye, so do male models, but if we put men in lycra on the grid then people would lose their minds. It's fine to like it, but don't try and justify it with half baked reasons. Just man up (oh the irony) and admit you like it because you like it. But don't worry, they might find a husband from it. Dear lord.