View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3728006)   #28
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am saddened by the whole situation, saddened for Billy himself, his parents, family and the team, we all who have family driving cars know what can happen and take whatever precautions we can. Saddened that the circumstances were such that it could happen, we do need to know why and what can be done in the future.
But I am also saddened that it takes bad news to get the media of all types to talk about racing. It has always been true, and always will be true that bad news gets noticed best. Never could I have been sitting here listening to BBC radio reporting on a National Race of any type, let alone a F4 event, at peak time. It takes them all their time to report on F1, sports/GT rarely get a mention, NIck Tandy somehow managed it last week. Friends actually ask if Le Mans is still run as it used to be 'cos they never hear about it and yet, thankfully in most ways, Billy's accident has been in the news all day.
The media are such hypocrites.
Good luck Billy and your family, WE will always give you our support.