View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2014, 15:49 (Ref:3448197)   #38
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
In the nicest possible way, I feel you have missed my point, it is my contention that Rosberg went in to the race with the mind set that, if he went wheel-to-wheel with Hamilton he would not back off if push came to shove, at any stage of the race.

That is why I 'blame' Nico for the accident/incident.

My question (if you like) is not could he have done differently on the track, but why did he feel it necessary to not back off?

Assuming I am correct in my assertion, then what brought him to that conclusion? Why take such a stance that could (and did)result in a very damaging 'occurrence' for the team?

In other words is he also 'responsible' for his actions or should Hamilton/management carry the can?

Complex situation I acknowledge, and not one to be considered from an; "He's my favourite driver." point of view.
Not that I am suggesting you or anybody else is, but blaming Rosberg simply because he eliminated Hamilton is not truly addressing this issue.

My hat's on the hat stand, so just say the word .....................
I would have expected 'Da Management' to have told the drivers to not take each other off. If NR then didn't do what they said, is that a management problem, or something else?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.