Thread: Ovalfest06
View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1712491)   #15
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkiman
What happened Rob?
I thought I'd explained.

While Alfred Buller threw £250K at marketting the event, they didn't bother to pay for the rookie training, which would have put at least two of us extra on the grid.

The issue of there being a big spread between the SCSA cars is down to the fact that there have only been about 6 cars on the grid as regulars, the rest have been sporadic, and there has been no decent testing to hone setups and improve driver experience.

I'll be honest, and had I been on the grid, I would have been just pleased to reach the end of the race. Pace comes with experience, and having zero experience on banked ovals.... Or is it familiarity breeds contempt?

Oli is blindin'! He needs some real backing and putting on a plane to the 'States.

The on-the-day organisaton of the meeting, so I am told, was shambolic, with the PA too loud to the point of being unintelligable, the Incarace marshall's acting like little hitlers, and the spectators enticed into the big oval being the most untidy herd of buffalo ever seen by the way they left rubbish in the stands making it look like a landfill site.

Rob.