View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1773389)   #36
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think just a prediction competition alone is fine although it needs a bit of spicing up for sure. I like the predictions because its easy to enter, barely takes 3 seconds to enter a round and that way it gets a lot of people involved. With a fantasy league you'll get a lot of people initially but i think enthusiasm may wane away a bit. So IMO just the predictions competition should be fine although tweaked a bit.

As for ideas for the prediction comp. Well heres my 2 cents worth. Maybe you can have co-effcients for each team based on pre-season and previous season performances. So the strongest team can have the lowest co-effcients and the weakest teams the highest. Have the same scoring system as before....ie 2 and 1 point (or 0.5 and 1) respectively. However, you multiply the score by the coeffcient that way you get more rewards for picking STR's and Super Aguri's for points. You can change the coeffcients every 2 or 3 races based on performance increases.
Now i understand that this will require a hell of a lot of calculations but if 2 or 3 guys run it together then it could work....just about....

I know that this idea does have a few flaws. For one, the ridgitity of the f1 results....lets face it the guys at the back arent going to score to many points so despite high rewards, picking them would be useless most of the time. However you get my general idea...higher rewards for unlikely results...so maybe we can work along those lines and iron out the details....or maybe its a totally crap idea