View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1773490)   #40
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Knowlesy i take your point but that is unlikely to happen. In all honesty i cant see SA or STR's scoring in more than 2 races so the gain in points would be fairly minimal. The difference in coeffcients wouldnt be big. For eg based on 2006 the coeffcients would be

Ferrari, Renault, Mclaren, Honda - coeffcient = 1 (always likely to score points) (So if you picked Massa to win the Brazilian GP your score for that position would be 2 X 1 = 2 points ...just like normal)

RBR, Toyota, Williams, BMW - coeffcient = 1.5 (in with a shout of points in most races but you get a bit of a gain for picking them. a maximum of 3 points available)

STR, MF1, SA - coeffcient = 3 (you triple your score for each position a maximum of 6 points (2X3) available per position but would take massive luck to achieve)

So it would be impossible to win the competiton by picking all eight to be the suprise teams. I mean how likely is it that more than one STR etc will get in the points in any given round.

The coeffcients would add an element of suprise....just like a rain effected race with an unlikely winner....but is unlikely to have any bearing on the outcome of a championship.