Thread: GP2 - Valencia!
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2525421)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
Grosjean's lucky. He's been rescued from the opportunity to lose the GP2 Series by a Formula 1 drive

I reckon Petrov was on target to beat him too, but now we'll never know.

Valsecchi's a good choice for Barwa Addax.
I think Grosjean was far from finished this season. That sensational performance in the 2nd Nurby race told us all we needed to know about his desire to compete for the title.

Whether he would be able to wrest the points away from Hulkenberg who is on a roll, I don't know, but it wouldn't have been for the lack of trying.

It will be very interesting to see how Valsecchi goes in a truly top team. He has shown flashes of real ability on and off, but really needs to do it consistently for the rest of the season to make his mark.

I'm intrigued to see if anyone can step up to the plate and challenge Hulkenberg now. He has the form and the points advantage but there is a real opportunity for one of the chasers to knuckle down and maybe force the issue a bit. Lot of guys have reputations to rebuild or make a name for themselves by winning a race or two.

One of those certainly is Maldonado. He does well on tricky street circuits and must be in a state of flux after Nico found his feat and generally whupped him the last few rounds! I'm not sure he's finished yet but it is difficult for him now.

I-sport will want to get some better results, this has been their poorest season almost since the category started.

Supernova will want to continue the great from from Hungary with Filippi and Villa.