Thread: GP2 - Valencia!
View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2526461)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
peat is about right, The first 2 were miles quicker, Hulk would've been quicker still if he was on his own!

Petrov went up in my estimations massively with that drive. Incredibly strong and defensive drive, great maturity.

Perez best of the rest by a long long way too.

Shame for Di Grassi, but as I had forgotten that there are actually 3 more weekends after this one, that's still a lot of points up for grabs.

Parente drove well but (very well to avoid harpooning the errant Di Grassi when his problem started on the quick sweeps back to the start finish areas!!) But what happened to Rodriguez? Went from monstering Di Grassi to slipping wide and then after allowing Alvaro past, slipped away?

Expected more from Valsecchi it has to be said, but then he would've finished higher if it wasn't for that barging match with Mortara was it near the end?

Maldonado somehow or other sneaked 8th place so he would've started as favourite for this morning's round, if not for the fact that he was excluded for a floor problem on the car (too low on one side?)

Kobayashi has been promoted to 8th, but whilst that would normally mean a more than 50% chance of a win, his form has been so poor that he will still probably struggle!!