Thread: Driver Jenson Button
View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3727413)   #82
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
any word why JB is not slated to run in this weeks test?
I had to look around to see if I could find an answer. Here is what I dug up...

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139606-...-not-be-useful

Short version, they want Oliver Turvey (who apparently does the simulation work) to correlate his experience in the real car with the simulator. That they feel Jensen is fit, already has enough overall experience, including cars that were faster than the 2016 cars.

I can see the benefit to both arguments (Turvey vs. Button). Given they likely will NOT be fighting for points, I can see why the decided to look more toward longer term development vs. trying to ensure JB has a better Monaco experience by getting familiar with the 2017 car in advance of the Monaco race weekend. I guess that is what free practice and qualifying is for!

Richard