View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1451415)   #13
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I won't be doing this meeting, primarily because I don't like things being arranged at the last minute, causing 3 2day weekends in a row and the assumption being made that we'll all just turn up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoowert
Maybe the BRSCC will run all BHRC meetings, or maybe the opposite. I think this will be the most insecure close season since the last....
Insecure surely only for BRSCC?

I felt that the messages given out recently at Brands were not whole hearted endorsements of the coming changes (somewhat reminiscent of the death throes of the Brands Hatch club before it was incorporated into BRSCC)

They (well, we, since I'm a member) have lost business to Coombe doing their own thing.

If MSV run most of the meetings (that used to be BRSCC's) at their own circuits albeit with infrastucture provided by BRSCC, where does one club end and the other begin? Who gets the race entry fees? Baz rumours that BRSCC may be down to running 2 meetings at Brands. I've also heard that MSV Brands will be providing their own rescue unit, both these possibilities also reducing turnover.

And as for my money, I used to be happy to give (reduced) membership fees to the BRSCC because that was the club that provided the majority of my sport at Brands. As SG points out earlier, my loyalty is, like others', primarily to the circuit, not a club. So if the BRSCC becomes a minority club like MGCC, I'll probably let my membership lapse, and, if others do likewise, downsizing of the club must almost be inevitable. On a personal level, I would find this regretable.