Thread: 2011 calendar
View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2010, 07:17 (Ref:2741732)   #24
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Somebody should but a disclaimer on this thread before it turns into a "dream schedule" thread.

My revised 2011 Schedule -
  • Sebring 12 Hours
  • St Petersburg GP
  • Long Beach GP
  • Laguna Seca 6 Hours
  • Le Mans Break
  • Larry H. Miller Dealers GP (Utah)
  • Lime Rock
  • Mid Ohio
  • Balitmoire GP*
  • Road America
  • Mosport
  • Sears Point*
  • Petit Le Mans

Murphy Reports Baltimore is a done deal for the most part.
Murphy Reports talk of Sears Point return has gone quiet but I feel its likely
Miller Reports Indy Car is returning back to Mid-Ohio, is ALMS?

Other things likely to happen, Road America will return back to 500 Mile format (4.5 hours), easiest thing to do.

I don't see another track that would do an extended race. I say Mosport is a perfect situation for a longer event, but Murphy seems to think otherwise, I don't know why, one of the best attended races, you mean to tell me their attention span isn't long enough for a 500 mile or even 1,000km race?

I don't buy it, make the Mosport race like the Classic 1000km of years gone by. If the teams want it, give it to them.

If we can get back up to 12 races which I don't think is a stretch at all, just putting St Pete back on gets us to 10. Baltimore is likely a done deal, that's 11, so putting a third California date on the schedule is more likely than running at Watkins Glen, the series will not go to Barber or VIR.

I wouldn't even mind a second Canadian date, maybe with Indy Car up in Edmonton.

There is room for 14 events when Detroit is able to return, maybe by 2012, if you add another street race someplace or another race in the Northeast, that would be easy 14 events. Or even Portland.

When the Indy Car schedule finally comes out we'll have a much better idea if the market is ready for more events.