View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3062792)   #75
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNWRF01 View Post
The point i was trying to inarticulatly make, was there is no a shortage of kids wanting to move out of karts into cars for about £30-50k mark. At the moment, UK single seater have nothing to offer.

Address that - and then you will start a ladder system. If you have few coming in at the bottom of the ladder, how do you expect anyone to progess.

FF was that angle way back when - les Froggies have F4, les Belgies used to have FRenault F1600 etc etc.. We need the same in the UK .... if you have the bottom end of the ladder healthy - then these cars will feed/spawn "Club" series and the whole thing self perpectuates - if not - u end up on a forum moaning about it.

When FZetec was healthy (ie strong Senior and Junior and Southern and Scottish series) it made for a much better single seater scene.. EcoPoops or whatever they are called - are not the answer at £35k a chassis....
I hate to shoot you down in flames because you have made some very valid points & I do agree in spirit with your point of view but when was FF Zetec ever healthy? It was responsible for reducing grid sizes to their lowest lever level ever in the class and whilst I agree with your sentiment with needing an entry level single seater class in the £30k price bracket we had that with both the BRDC Single Seater Championship & Formula Zip and both are history. In their place we have the six figure Formula Intersteps and woeful grids of 8 cars. No I don't understand it either!!