View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3102066)   #709
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My take is that there will most probably be (at least) two drivers graduating from GT.
They will be Marc Lieb and Richard Lietz.
We know that Porsche want to develop Marc's roles withing the team to take on more and more engineering tasks. Therefore we can expect that he will be heavily involved in the development of the the LMP1 cars.
Richard Lietz is very fast indeed. It remains to be seen if he can be as fast in a LMP car.
Marc will be 34 in 2014, and Richard will be 31. Both will be mature , but not old.
There may be another two drivers graduating from GT:
Pat Long will be 33 in 2014 and so his age will not be an issue. He also has LMP experience and is quick enough and very safe. (Porsche tends to have a conservative streak)
The other is Pilet. Patrick Pilet has lately been on fire. He is super quick and so it also remains to be seen if he has the same speed in a LMP car.
I'm quite sure that Porsche will give them all a fair shake at securing a seat.
I expect that we will see two (or three) of the junior drivers be seconded to customer GT teams in 2013 in order to start gaining experience to take over from the lucky drivers that graduate to the LMP project.