View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3431106)   #1312
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNigel View Post
As promised, Sam Collins has produced a great article about flexible bodywork in the August issue of RCE. Again worth reading

As regards Toyota's "drag-beat pivot wing" (as Sam calls it), Sam mentions that the rear wing (though not flexing) "has been observed to move by up to 100mm in relation to the surrounding bodywork" (!), which is consistent with the visual observations that can be made on the basis of the pictures taken in high-speed sections of the LM track.

It would indeed seem that the ACO-FIA consider this rear wing system to be "legal" because the wing (though moving) does not "flex" as such. So I guess I will have to revise my judgment as to what the term "movable" is supposed to mean

This whole issue is short of becoming probably one of the most curious positions taken by the ACO-FIA in recent years. The rear wing moves at speed, but it is not deemed to be "movable" ???... Hmmmm...

This must be a joke...

Am I the only one to believe that the ACO-FIA are losing credibility in the present instance ?

YES, it on the face of it, IS A JOKE!!

Moveable is not too difficult to define in any language.

To answer the credibility question, under JT I am of the belief the FIA lost its credibility a long time ago, and replaced it with a big helping of self interest.

However, if you want to say the Toyota passed the tech inspection which makes it legal.........WRONG!!.....It still must conform to the regulations and the clause about moveable aero in my understanding of both the English and French written word, makes the car illegal.

End of story.