View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2016, 08:18 (Ref:3679476)   #200
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
Bravo sir, Bravo.

Would love to see that, can't beat getting some new models on the grid. Would be a strange move considering all the work that's gone in to the Ecoboost Ford Engine though. I'd be happy with just the Focus getting it's face-lift finally!
I think they were hoping that Ford would bite and offer some support, particularly as they are running the Ecoboost which is the engine Ford are promoting in their models, but it didn't happen.

Added to which the new version of the NGTC engine has been proved to be quick in other cars and a lot of the development costs of doing your own engine is negated if TOCA cut the boost because it is deemed to quick!

I would imagine a Subaru type deal from Alfa is possible as they would not put in big budget as they are still low volume sales in the UK, but they are bringing on more dealers as they are consolidating FCA brands into dealerships, for example our local FIAT dealership are now FIAT, Alfa, Arbarth and Jeep 'retailers'.

would probably be keen on using hospitality programme to fund part of this which they would mark up to the dealers nearest the circuits and 'encourage' them to take a certain number of places...