View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3999659)   #2438
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You have a point there. We had big crowds for the inaugural race in 2005, but the traffic jams that I remember seeing must have kept fans away for subsequent GPs there.
I don't think it was to do with traffic jams. I remember being in plenty of those, leaving Brands and Silverstone and I would continue to go back the following year, as did thousands of other fans. I think it's largely a cultural thing.

Motorsport started in Europe and is predominantly a European activity. Most of those countries that have a motorsports heritage, have populations of European origin.

Despite having held seven grand prix, it doesn't seem to have translated into the development of any grass roots motorsport on which to build from.