Thread: WEC 2017 WEC Season
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2016, 12:54 (Ref:3666338)   #30
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After reading [suffering through] the automated translation, I thought I'd offer a manual translation of mine instead. So this is what he said...

...About race tracks: "Montreal isn't an issue at the moment in my opinion. Indy was being looked at, whether we could go there. But we'd have to revisit the issue. It isn't that great of a track. It bears a great name, but the track itself... this infield - no thank you"

...About the calendar: "A preliminary calendar should be available during the FIA World council in september. But as long as Bernie is juggling with the F1 calendar, ours won't be set. And he likes changing [it]." ([It is to be expected to come to a clash between F1 and Le Mans]) "It always depends on which track the F1 shows up for the Le Mans date. If they drove in Monaco, that would [suck], but that is no real danger. We know that Le Mans will always be happening during the 24th weekend of the year. That will never collide with Monte Carlo. Le Mans only might move if the French Open in Roland Garros change their date - there's an indirect connection.

This is simply due to the security personnel, i.e., the police. They cannot do two events with the prestige and reach of Roland Garros and Le Mans directly following each other. They need at least ten days to move the people [between the events]. I always wondered about these indirect connections, but now I understand them - and it explains a lot. If you are asking a police officer in Le Mans for the way, you'll always hear 'I'm from Lyon, I'm from Marseille' so they won't help you - they don't know themselves"