Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3718872)   #5183
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
No one is 'ignoring' the fact that Continental Tire are not the most competitive tire in racing. Nor is any one dismissing that there was an issue with the wets for 24hr of Daytona, which is a beast of a different stripe as tracks go.
To me the inverse seems to be happening here. Some seem hell bent on insisting that their view of the perceived issue be the only view on the subject and NO explanation/observation/reasoning about it is acceptable.

C'est la vie ...

L.P.

Actually statements were made along the lines of "It's the same for everyone, so it doesn't matter" I disagree. It isn't the same for everyone because it's a random roll of the dice in some cases - if you're unlucky enough for your tyre to blow on the banking, then you lose, whilst the guy who loses a tyre on the flat wins - and that is *exactly* what happened.

The only reason I didn't quote the posts saying these things is because they were in the DPi thread, and whilst this is a Conti tyre issue, it isn't a DPi team so I moved it here.

When your spec parts are randomising races in such a way, aren't fit for purpose and the quoted reason for anyone leaving, the spec part is a big of crap and should be changed. And lets stop pretending this was a Daytona issue. We've had prototypes unable to beat GT cars because the tyres were designed by engineers who couldn't hold a crayon properly. And the sooner all fans are complaining about this, the sooner we'll get respectable tyres, and we can all be happier with better racing.

Summary: It isn't the same for everyone. Races can be decided on who gets lucky with bad engineering. The tyres have been crap for years. So far there has been no progress and we've even gone backwards. Teams are quoting the tyres as a reason for leaving. The sooner all IMSA fans are questioning it rather than shrugging it off with any excuse they can find, the better the series will be for everyone.