Thread: OKC Grand Prix?
View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2666876)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Could be an interesting race to see. Do you guys think there's a market for racing in Oklahoma/Texas? Last circuit I heard of in that area outside of NASCAR was the Texas Motor Speedway used by CART and IRL, I think.

The bear ain't polite. There's quite a few street circuits that have survived and strived: Long Beach, Toronto, St. Petes (although, could Oklahoma be substituting St. Pete's?).
I doubt all 'failed' street circuits are because of bankruptcy. They're probably very costly and a lot of other circumstances went into play. I'm sure a large % of the 'failed' street circuits come from CART and IRL, and, not the place to discuss it, but the eventual problems with money also had a lot to do with the problems those championships had.
Is there a market in that part of the country? I think so and there are plenty of sports car enthusiasts in OK. The one motor racing circuit, Hallett, does a pretty steady business.