View Single Post
Old 28 Feb 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3715395)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
At the moment all the VAG vehicles pass the UK emissions and most new diesel engined cars from just about all manufacturers show zero emissions without any additives on the current MOT tests as the engines are as good as they have ever been and have DPFs fitted.
Some older ones still have the extra small tank (Peugeot/Ford/Mazda) that takes the expensive fluid that is injected into the system when you fill the main tank up and will last for years, as long as you fill the tank full every time and don't keep putting 10 quids worth in !
That's interesting..

...the AdBlue Diesel Exhaust Fluid is sprayed into the exhaust before the catalytic converter, presumably to reduce the size/style/toxicity of the particulates into the air.

Diesel trucks down here complying with EuroV and soon to be EuroVI emissions rules are mostly AdBlue equipped...

Wonder how it would go in a diesel forklift.. if they had a cat converter... some of them will blow your head off with their fumes...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods