View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2011, 02:16 (Ref:2939742)   #11
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by browney View Post
What is the reason behind not being able to race on a circuit in the wet? I assumed that not racing NASCAR when it rains was due to the danger running at high speeds on ovals when it is wet.

The only reason I could think of was that, given that most of the time they race on ovals, there is not a wet weather tyre available (because it would be expensive to develop for only a handfull of races).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
The thing is, i'm pretty sure they have wet tyres there.

They did for the previous days Nationwide Series race.

However, usually with NASCAR, if it rains, the officials bring everyone in and make a decision to put on rain tyres. Its not as simple as pitting for wets. They just want to avoid racing in the wet..
they use wets in NW, they did a couple of years ago in Montreal, and on Saturday. I think it was Robin Pemberton that was interviewed at the time as to why they weren't used in Cup, or maybe it was the following year at WG. The reason given was that they didn't want to ruin the spectacle of Cup cars racing under non-wet skies. Sounds like a load of bull to me, if they can use them in NW they should be able to use them in Cup, but hey, i don't run the series...