View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3632674)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
For ovals, they need date stability, among other things, for those to work.

Also, apart from getting Milwaukee and Fontana back, plus maybe adding Gateway or New Hampshire, that would cover most of what I think ovals could add to the calendar.

Nazareth is basically out of the picture. Rockingham is going up for public auction. Pikes Peak isn't all that different from Iowa, Richmond, or the redone Phoenix. If I was going to add Kentucky or Nashville, I'd do so in lieu of Texas. The other 1.5-milers are high-banked now.
Nashville is closed, so 2017 is out of the question, but there's still a chance for future races, I guess.

I prefer flat ovals over the 1.5 high banks; I don't really consider 14 degrees high banks, but it's certainly not flat. The Magic Mile would be fantastic.

Never would've thought about The Rock for IndyCars; would be interesting but not conducive imho due to severe tire degradation. It will soon join the likes of North Wilkesboro and Nazareth. Damn shame.