View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2017, 11:01 (Ref:3747775)   #396
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Or Poms, or Japanese, or Kiwis, or South Africans, the country that invented the Perana Capri.

Ford obviously had an RHD rethink in designing the 2015 Mustang, and I think they are doing pretty well with it for a niche model. GM however are behaving like ostriches.

I'm sure I remember (a couple of years ago) the local head honcho of GM saying we will get an RWD V8 delivered here in due course, but they could/would not reveal what it would be. My assumption was Cadillac, but the CTS-V would probably be well over double the cost of a current 5 litre Mustang, and the ATS-V coupe looks like the TT V6 only.

I'm thinking GM V8 lovers might be in for bad news unless the next gen Camaro is made RHD ex factory.

It seems like Holden is prepared to sacrifice it's performance market and heritage (and the Mustang proves that the equivalent Ford market is live and well) for the new age buyer more interested in connectivity and less interested in driving, handling and performance.
I think the Mustang was easy because it uses a version of the Jaguar S type platform