Thread: The real BMWs
View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1265515)   #11
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW has certainly not lost it's way. Alot of people have commented on the styling but look at the facts. The 7 series is the best selling car in its sector by miles & has already outsold its predecessor by nearly 2 to 1 in half its life cycle. The 3 series outsells the mondeo, the 5 series is regarded as the best allrounder money can buy. How have they lost their way??! They're world market share increased more than any other equivalent marque & is going to increase more with these new models.

I drive a 330cis & the reason I bought it was simply because nothing came close for what I wanted, power, handling, refinement, comfort, good looks, reliability & good Residual Values.

Mercedes' quality is now VERY poor, they're over priced, boring & lardy to drive, an old man's car(unless we're talking AMG)

Saab are FWD, do not handle although they are well built but do not have the prestige or refinement.

Audi, I had an A4 quattro before, it's a good car but unrefined, not as well built as rumoured & the drive was very dull

BMW's sell themselves for the very reasons that I wanted one & poor opposition just strengthens their position