Thread: The real BMWs
View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1265612)   #15
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Favourite BMW's?

The 02 range - way ahead of its time in my opinion. When it came out it blew away the opposition. And when I first read of the 2002 Turbo I got myself a huge wall poster of the car for my bedroom wall. At the time I was a teenager and lived close to BMW GB on the A4 Great West Road in Brentford and saw my first ever Turbo there. I did hear a tale that the mirror "Turbo" writing was too aggresive and was subsequently banned. Anyone know more on this?

The 1800/2000 range before it - chiefly because my Dad let me drive his 2000 TiLux. It was a very rare beast - boasting two twin choke Webers (I think they were Webers). It did 0-50 in 7.3 seconds which was kind of amazing back then - you could blow almost anything away! In return for letting me drive it I got the job of cleaning all those lovely carbs and linkages...

The Batmobile.... An amazing looking car that, once all those add on bits had been homolgated, simply dominated touring car racing. A couple of years back there was a print hanging on the wall in my local BMW dealership and I knew I had to have a copy... Sure enough, the print was listed as on official BMW part and a copy now hangs proudly at home.