View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2007, 16:28 (Ref:1810508)   #83
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
mgrs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please dont compare the Creation team to Zytek/Jota? The difference in class is monumental!

On this V8/V10 quibble; i belive that the v10 is more powerfull, but there are so many more factors in motor-racing that can even these things out, weight, aero package, and the performance of the rest of the team.

but on the subject of power; look at the last few races, leguna in particular, on the start & restarts jonny and stefan were able to "fly" past others, creation Audi and Porsche (unless im mistaken, my view of this race was a fairly busy one, but i remember the moves, might have got the cars wrong, but i dont think so). So you may say that the V10 is more powerful, but it got blasted on several occasions by the V8, but who cares whos got the most powerful engine, its outright acceleration and race pace that matters in the end, and ive got to say the little V8 Zytek has been one of the best this year (it also soulds cracking).

On the subject of reliability, the ultimate test is Lemans, i think youll find that the Zytek Engine suffered no problems during the race, but the Judd guys were fairly busy throughout! the Zytek performance was not anything to base that car or any future zyteks performance on, there were so many other factors (namly money and testing - it had bugger all) its true colours showed at donnington and in the states were, if it were not for another group of unfortunate factors, you could say that the car was well on for a win in each race. Donnington - a part faliure well out of Zyteks hands. Atlanta - Stefan had those Audis, but the puncture and resulting body work damage ended that one. Leguna, By far the fastest car, but an unfair penalty (30 secs) at the start (the ferrari) and then the 1.30 min pen ended the cars final chance to reward itself for its obvious speed.

the 07s will no doubt be as fast (probably quicker, definatly quicker!) and will live up to the record that the 04s set (and in my mind beat it).,

Aint that right Colin

Please ignor typos, as ive only had a few moments to write this and had alot to get accros.