View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2959537)   #11
Supertec
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
Supertec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the worlds economies in free fall I don't expect to see a large GP2 grid next season with budgets ranging from €1.8 to €2.5 million and the drivers getting little track time who will fund these drivers, The teams can't afford to subsidise hot shot drivers anymore and F1 is now looking to poach the sponsors away from GP2. It was obvious this season some teams only had one paying driver and subsidised the second driver these teams I'm sure are now in financial trouble.

Grosjean winning the championship did the series no favours at all he was a returnee having already made it to F1 but returned, he was the Pirelli tyre tester giving him a huge advantage over the other drivers (but he wasn't excluded) He had all the data and information to hand from LRGP F1. He had to win.

Red Bull put their drivers in WSBR they wont be pushed around by GP2 and good for them.

I expect WSBR 3.5 to have full grids with drivers only needing €850000 and getting a lot more track time and racing in front of big crowds unlike GP2 who only get the early birds from the F1 crowd. Renault have GP2 teams who have put in entries for WSBR for 2012 this along with a new car and a new engine package will all help to make the 2012 season a great success. .

R.I.P GP2.........